Completion of tunic for next winter

In earlier March 2021, I completed a tunic which I started to crochet in autumn 2020. It's made from the remainder of yarns I got many years ago, and will be worn only for housework and weeding at home.

view from the front : 前から見たところ
view from the back : 後ろから見たところ

The pink yarn and the pale orange yarn on the right side part are wool yarns produced over 50 years ago. They were a gift my mother got as a celebration she gave birth to me, but she couldn't afford to knit and remained, and she gave me them some years ago. So then, I gifted her winter vests that I made by crocheting with each color yarn, and she had been pleased with them and wore them this winter as well. Because they are threads with such memories, I couldn't stand to throw away the rest, and I decided to use for making next tunic.

Other 3 colors purple threads are wool ones I bought online some years ago. At that time I was enthusiastic about making crocheted ponchos, I intended to make a roughly crocheted poncho using bundle of these 3 colors threads. But I had just finished crocheting some other ponchos and got tired of crocheting a poncho used these threads, so I re-rolled them in a bundled state and have kept to put them away. This time, I intended to use such threads while re-dividing them one by one from a bundle, but on the way I thought it became troublesome, so I resumed to crochet after re-dividing all of them one by one and re-rolling. The strange stripe pattern at the bottom of the central part of the back body is a remnant of trying to crochet while dividing threads.

: 平置き(前身頃側)
: 平置き(後ろ身頃側)

The crocheting methods used this time are, the single grid crochet (alternately repeating single crochet and chain) for main parts of body and sleeves and the hem of body, and zigzag crochet (alternately repeating single crochet twisted to the right and single crochet twisted to the left) for edges of sleeves and neckline. Also, I used super fine yarns and 2.5mm thick crochet.

After crocheting parts of each color, I made the body by overstitching them, and then, I picked up stitches from the body and crocheted sleeves. After completing the body and sleeves, I crocheted edges of neckline, sleeves and hem.

Because the thickness of the pink and pale orange yarns and 3 purple colors yarns were slightly different, there was a difference in the width and length of each color part I made. But it doesn't affect comfort to wear, and I also like it as unique hand-crocheted taste.

The small mistake I had made may be only that I had not widened the hem in the middle of making it. Well, maybe, the fabric of this tunic will adapt to fit my body as I wear, or my body will get used to the shape of this tunic.

*** in Japanese ***

来冬用チュニック完成

 昨年秋に編み始めたチュニックが、今月上旬に完成しました。昔入手した毛糸の余りで編んだもので、自宅で家事や草取りをする時専用です。

 右脇のペールオレンジ部分とピンク部分の毛糸は、50年以上前に生産されたウールのものです。私が生まれたお祝いに母がもらった毛糸でしたが、母は編みきれず、数年前に私にくれました。それぞれの糸で母に冬用のベストを編んでプレゼントしたところ、母は喜んでくれて、今年も着てくれました。そんな思い出のある残り糸なので捨てるのも忍びなく、今回使うことにしました。
 他のパープル系の3色は、数年前にネット通販で購入したウールのものです。当時はポンチョを編むのにハマっていて、3色を1本ずつ使った3本取りで、ざっくりと編んだポンチョを編むつもりでした。しかし他にも数着のポンチョを編み終えたばかりだったので途中で飽きてしまい、3本取りのまま糸玉に戻して放置していました。それを今回は1色ずつにほぐしながら編む予定でしたが、途中で面倒臭くなり、すべてほぐして糸玉を作り直してから編むことに。後ろ身頃の中央の裾寄りの部分に奇妙な縞模様があるのは、ほぐしながら編んでみた名残です。 

 使用した編み方は、本体部分と裾の縁編みはすべてこま方眼編み(細編みと鎖編みを1つずつ繰り返す編み方)、衿ぐりと袖口の縁編みはジグザグ編み(ねじり細編みを左右1回ずつ繰り返す編み方)です。毛糸の太さは中細、かぎ針は4/0号です。
 前後の身頃を複数のパーツに分けて編み、巻きかがりで繋いだ後で、袖ぐりから拾い目して袖を編みました。本体の形ができてから、袖口と衿と裾に縁編みを施しました。
 ペールオレンジとピンクの毛糸と、パープル系3色の毛糸とで、太さが若干異なっていたため、編地の幅や長さに違いができました。しかし着心地に影響はありませんし、これも手編みの味わいです。
 ちょっとしたミスがあるとしたら、裾の縁編みで増し目をしなかったことかもしれません。まぁ、着ているうちに生地が体に馴染むか、体のほうが服の形に慣れるでしょう、多分。

コメント