My favorite things that helped me during my home recuperation in autumn 2021

In autumn 2021, I had been down with deterioration of physical condition twice.

The first was due to fever due to a side reaction of the vaccine of COVID-19. The fever lasted almost 24 hours from 15 hours after the second vaccination. Fortunately, other side reaction was only fatigue, so how long I was down was only for 2 days.

The second was due to getting a strained back. After noon on October 30th, I suddenly got a severe pain on my right waist and got stuck at all. Because the pain was fortunately lessened much while I lay down, I guessed that the muscle of right waist were hurt by some reason and decided to take care of myself at home. As a result, I was able to do housework after about 2 weeks, and on now, I recovered to be able to operate my PC while sitting on a chair if taking painkillers.

During medical treatments both the first time and the second time, I was worried "what should I do if I don't heal anymore?". Especially while a treatment of a strain back, because the day when I felt pretty good in the morning but the pain returned in the evening continued longer than expected, I had fallen into negative thought enough to be worried "I wonder if it's not really a desease of internal organs".

In that situation, it was "my favorite things" that supported my heart. For example, reading back comics I collected, finding out and enjoying to watch favorite photos and movies, finding images of the exterior and interior of favorite houses, fantasizing about what kind of floor plan to use if I build my house, finding functional and unique stationeries, and so on.

Among those favorite things, the one that made me feel particularly uplifted was next year's pocketbooks. From the many pocketbooks that start to be released every autumn, I select and buy some that seem to be easy to use for me. I already bought pocketbooks also this autumn, so I piled up or lined up them at the bedside, and enjoyed flipping through the pages or fantasizing what to write.

You already noticed that pocketbooks I bought were not one, right?

I use the pocketbook not to manage my appointments, but to manage my life. My main purpose of recording my life log is to look back on how I spent my day and to think about how I will spend the next day. So, all I need is basically only 1 pocketbook a year, but...

I bought these "Rollbahn 2022" : 購入したロルバーンダイアリー

...In 2021, I could not help to buy also Rollbahn pocketbooks that I've always been interested in. Rollbahn's pocketbooks have attractive cover designs. I've suppressed the urge to "want to buy all kinds" every year, but finally this year I gave in to the urge and bought just 2 kinds of M size.

I have not decided purpose to use them because I bought impulsively, also I thought I wouldn't need two, so I presented my son one with the dark green cover.

"How should I enjoy to use one with the cover drawn the lemonade?"

While I was stuck in my bed, I often picked up, watched this pocketbook, turned pages, fantasized how to use, and enjoyed all of them so much that I smiled happily. Thanks to that, I was able to recover safely both physically and mentally without fallen into anxiety and worry.

In a way, my Rollbahn 2022 had been already active, but I want to use it also as its original role, so I'm going to carry it with a comfortable ball-point-pen.

As a side note.

Besides the Rollbahn 2022, I'm going to use a binding pocketbook of the Franklin planner for my lifelog, the EDiT pocketbook of Mark's (1 page for 1 day version, A6 size) as my diary, and the monthly pocketbooks with my favorite character as my driving log. While I lined up these pocketbooks including the Rollbahn 2022 at the bedside, they made me feel so happy that I forgot the pain at my right waist!

*** in Japanese ***

この秋寝込んだ時に助けてくれたもの

 2021年秋、私は2回寝込みました。
 1回目は新型コロナワクチンの副反応により発熱したため。2回目の接種から15時間ぐらい後に発熱が始まり、ほぼ24時間続きました。幸い、発熱以外は倦怠感だけでしたから、寝込んだのは2日ほどで済みました。
 2回目は、ぎっくり腰でした。10月30日の昼過ぎに、右腰に激痛が走り、身動きが取れなくなりました。幸い、横になっていれば痛みがかなり軽減されたので、右脇の筋を何らかの理由で痛めたのだろうと推察し、自宅療養で様子を見ました。結果、2週間ほどで最低限の家事をやれるようになり、今では痛み止めを服用すれば椅子に座ってPCを操作できるまでに回復しました。
 寝込んでいた間は、1回目も2回目も、「もうこのまま治らなかったらどうしよう」と不安でした。特にぎっくり腰は、朝はかなり調子がいいのに夕方にはまた痛みがぶり返す日が続いたので、「本当は内臓のどこかが病気なんじゃないかしら」と心配になるほど、ネガティブな思考に陥っていました。
 そんな時に私を支えてくれたのは、「好きなもの」でした。買い集めた漫画を読み返したり、スマホで好みの画像や動画を探して鑑賞したり、好みのタイプの戸建て住宅の外観や内装の画像を探したり、もし自分が家を建てるならどんな間取りにしようかと妄想したり、機能的だけど個性的でもある文房具を探したり、などなど。
 そうした「好きなもの」の中でも特にテンションを上げてくれたのは、来年の手帳でした。毎年秋になると発売され始める手帳の数々から、自分にとって使い勝手が良さそうなものを探して購入します。今年もすでに2022年用を購入していましたので、それらを枕元に積んだり並べたりして眺めたり、中のページをぱらぱらと捲っては書くことを空想したりして、楽しんでいました。
 お気づきでしょうか、私が購入した手帳が1つではないことに。
 私が手帳を書くのは、予定を管理するためではなく、自分の生活を記録するためです。1日の時間をどう使ったかを振り返り、翌日をどう過ごすか考えるために記録するのが主な目的です。なので、基本的に1年に1種類しか必要ないのですが…

 …今年はつい、以前から気になっていたロルバーンダイアリーも買ってしまいました。表紙のデザインが魅力的なのです。「全種類買い集めたい!」という衝動と毎年戦ってきたのですが、とうとう今年は負けてしまい、Mサイズを2つだけ買ってしまいました。
 衝動買いなので用途は決まっていませんし、2冊もおそらくは必要ではないと考え、ダークグリーンの表紙のほうは息子くんにプレゼントしました。
「レモネード柄の表紙のほうは、どう使おうかなぁ」
 寝込んでいる間、しばしば手にし、眺め、捲り、空想し、ニマニマ楽しんで過ごしました。おかげで、不安や心配に飲み込まれることなく、心身共に無事回復に向かうことができました。
 そういう意味ではロルバーンダイアリーは既に活躍してくれていますが、本来の意味でも活躍してもらえるよう、書き心地のいいペンとセットで持ち歩きたいと思います。
 ちなみに。
 2022年の私の手帳は、ライフログ兼タスク管理用としてフランクリンプランナーの綴じ手帳、日記用としてエディット手帳(1日1ページタイプのA6サイズ)、ドライブログ用としてコウペンちゃん柄のマンスリー手帳が控えています。ロルバーンダイアリーも含めたこれらを枕元に並べた時は、腰の痛みを忘れるほど幸せな気分に浸りましたとも!

コメント