Shiawase-no my tarot

My tarot for happiness

幸せのマイ・タロット

Code No. : 4-8069-0392-2
Composition : 22 sheets
Supervisor : Marina Oka
Creator : Keiko Sugimoto
Publishing : TSUCHIYA SYOTEN

  • This set has been repeatedly reprinted and resold, and now it has a new-designed outer box and is for sale and with the new ISBN code.
  • Even in the current version, the pictures of cards seem to have the same design as the first version.

DEATH 死神 of 幸せのマイ・タロット

This is an introductory book I bought when I was young, which is a set of a deck that arranges Major Arcana of Rider Waite edition in a modern style and a manual that explains it in an easy-to-understand manner. And, for me, it's also one of my favorite decks.

At the time of purchase, I had little knowledge about Tarot, but I wanted to be a tarot fortune teller. Because I believed that if I became a tarot fortune teller, I would be able to get and enjoy various decks and to understand the mystery hidden in them easy. Oh, I was too immature at that time... Well, aside from such my immaturity.

I, who felt confident at that time that tarot card's pictures are drawn based on a mysterious doctrine, arbitrarily thought that for the fact that the design of each card is not unified "It is because various people are researching and redrawing pictures to be able to make us learn the mysterious doctrine easier", and I was driven by the desire that "I want to watch more various deck's cards!" and began to buy tarot fortune-telling introductories. That was the start of my tarot collection life.

It was around that time that I got this deck. What I noticed while enjoying to watch the cards after buying was that "In this deck, people who imply the meaning of focusing on the inner side of human beings are depicted with their eyes closed". "Magician," "Empresse," and "Emperor," who have strong elements that work on people and things, have their eyes open, while "The High Priestess," "Temperance," which have strong internal elements such as their own intellect and moderation, have their eyes closed, and so on.

That was a breakthrough for me at that time. That's because I felt confident that I had to memorize all cards name, picture and meanings, and I couldn't feel or read meanings from the state of people or things in the pictures. By noticing that even whether the depicted person's eyes are opened or closed is one of the implications, I was impressed "How interesting the Tarot is!". And then, instead of thinking deeply about the tarot, I thought "I want to know more various designs!" and became to aim a more enthusiastic tarot collector.

I have such a memory, so I didn't have the impression that this "DEATH" was creepy or scary. I projected myself on the dead depicted as if he/she was almost buried in the ground and thought "I wonder if I should think that I was reborn after reflecting and overcoming myself in the past" because that dead's eyes were closed. In addition, also about this death god in armor, I had the impression that "He came to bring the end of my bad part, how so cool!". And, this first impression still has a strong impact on me now.

What I understand by reading above my sentences is that I still like this deck now, that my personality and favorite have not changed, and that it seems that even this death god couldn't cut off them. No, rather, he could cut off my curiosity of "I want to know the secret truth of the tarot" instead them, maybe. Because, I'm writing articles like this, "The pictures of tarot cards are very interesting, right?".

*** in Japanese ***

幸せのマイ・タロット

コード:4-8069-0392-2
構 成:22枚
監 修:丘マリナ
作 画:杉本啓子
発 行:土屋書店

  • この書籍は重版や再販を繰り返しており、現在は外箱などのデザインを変更し、新しいISBNで販売されています。
  • 現行の版においても、カードの絵は旧版から変更されていないようです。

DEATH

 これは私が若い頃に入手したタロット占いの入門書で、ライダー・ウエイト版の大アルカナを現代風にアレンジして描いたデッキと、解りやすく簡潔に説明した解説書のセットです。そして、私にとっては思い入れのあるデッキの1つでもあります。
 購入当時の私はタロットについて無知なのにタロット占い師になりたいと思っていました。タロット占い師になればいろんなデッキを入手して楽しんだり、それらに秘められた秘儀を簡単に理解できると信じていたからです。ああ、あの頃は若かった…と、そんな話は置いておくとしまして。
 当時タロットの絵柄が神秘的な教義に基づいていると思い込んだ私は、絵柄が統一されていないことに対して「秘儀を解りやすくしようといろんな人が研究して作り変えているからだ」と勝手に考え、「いろんなデッキのいろんな絵柄を見たい!」という欲求に駆られ、入門書を買い集め始めました。私のタロット蒐集人生の始まりでした。
 その頃にこのデッキと出会いました。購入し、各カードの絵を楽しむうちに気づいたのは、「このデッキの絵は、人の内面にフォーカスする意味を暗示する人物は目を閉じている」ということでした。人や物事に働きかける要素の強い「魔術師」「女帝」「皇帝」などは目を開いていて、自らの知性や節度といった内面的な要素の強い「女教皇」「節制」などは目を伏せているといった具合です。
 当時の私にとってこれは画期的なことでした。カードの絵と名称と意味は丸暗記しなければいけないと思い込み、絵の中の人物の様子や描かれている物から感じ取ったり読み取ったりができていなかったからです。カードに描かれている人物の目が開いているか閉じているかすらも暗示なのだと気づいて、「タロットって面白い!」と感動しました。そして、そこからタロットを深く考察する…のではなく、「もっといろんな工夫を見たい!」となり、さらにコレクター道へ踏み込んだのでした。
 こういう思い出があるぐらいですから、この「DEATH」に対しても不気味さや恐ろしさといった感想を抱きませんでした。地にほとんど埋もれているような姿の死者に自己を投影し、しかも死者の目が閉じていることから、「過去の自分を省みた上で振り切り、生まれ変わったつもりになれっていうことかしら」と考えましたし、この甲冑姿の死神に対しても「私の悪い部分に対してとどめを打ちに来てくれたんだ、カッコいい」という印象を持ちました。そして、その第一印象は今も強く影響しています。
 以上の文章を自ら読み返してみて解るのは、今でもこのデッキが好きであるということと、購入当時から私の性分は変化がなく、この死神にも切り捨てることができなかったらしいことです。いや、むしろ「タロットの秘儀について知りたい」といった好奇心のほうを切り捨ててくれたのかもしれません。今こうして「タロットの絵柄って面白いよね」という記事を書いているぐらいですから。

コメント